- Our science unit is on Simple Machines.
- We will begin an inquiry activity in which students will be studying simple machines and recording their observations in the form of an experiment. This project will need to be worked on at home as well as at school. Students will be graded on the following criteria:
- The inquiry choice and investigation should demonstrate original and creative thinking.
- The brainstorming for the inquiry topic should indicate a diverse range of potential topics.
- The investigation should demonstrate detailed planning.
- The investigation should be rigorously and completely done.
- Some kind of data from the investigation is carefully recorded.
- Carefully reasoned conclusions should be drawn.
- The inquiry investigation worksheets are carefully completed.
- This project is due on Monday, April 11th.
- We will be doing some activities in class this week to review for state testing. There will be no other tests this week.
- We will be reviewing all of the math concepts learned this year. Students will be taking an End-of-Year Test the week following the AZMerit test, on Tuesday, April 19th.
- There are many resources available on ThinkCentral to help students.
- We will have no multiplication timed test this week.
How the West Was Really Won
- Both fifth grade classes will be participating in a musical entitled How the West Was Really Won. This musical goes along with our Unit 6 theme of the wild west. Every student will have a part in the musical. Performance dates and times to follow.