- We will be reviewing the English Language Arts Standards for the AzMERIT test. Classwork will be graded.
- Students are being asked to complete an Independent Reading Contract. Students must read a fiction chapter book of their choice and complete several activities related to their book. This project is due on April 27th.
- There will be no new vocabulary this week. We will be reviewing.
- Students will be given a new list of spelling words this week. We will be several activities in class to practice the words.
- The words are: rough, grudge, stunt, thumb, once, another, does, trouble, cousin, began, oxygen, copy, very, until, umpire, sudden, which, city.
- We will have a spelling test on Friday, April 17th.
- We will be reviewing for AzMERIT this week.
- Students will be practicing several small writing prompts in order to review for AzMERIT. Students will be graded based on the AzMERIT rubrics. A copy of the rubrics will be handed out to students this week.
- There will be one page of math homework assigned nightly.
- We will be reviewing for the AzMERIT test.
- Each Friday, students will also take a multiplication timed test. It is very important for students to be fluid with their multiplication facts. Daily practice of multiplication facts is encouraged.
- We are going to start a new research project in which students will be completing a report on one of the 50 states. Students must sign up for the state they would like to research. Most of this assignment will be complete in class, but students may have to finish some of the work at home if necessary.
- Students will be required to do their research on note cards. Note cards will be due on 5/6.
- Students must have a bibliography of the sources they used for their research.
- There will be other partial due dates: Map 4/13; State Flag 4/15; State seal 4/20; State bird 4/22; state flower 4/27; State license plate 4/29; a song or poem about the state 5/4. All of these will need to be hand drawn and colored.
- A template will be given for students to follow after the research portion of the project is completed.
- The final project will be due on 5/18. Students will present their reports to the class.
- You can find the research guide for the state report under the "assignments" tab.
- Students have begun a science project in which they will be naming and describing several creatures. This needs to be completed at home.
- Make a collection of at least 5 flowers, leaves, bark, insects, or other small living organisms. You may decide instead to draw pictures or take photos of larger animals.
- If you make a collection, use a display box with clear plastic wrap to cover the collection.
- Use a notebook or poster to record each organism you find. Describe the plant or animal carefully.
- Identify the species and record the Latin scientific name and the common English name for each organism.
- Students were given a sheet of guidelines and examples.
- The project is due Thursday, April 16th.