- This week students will be reading the procedural text, Starting Your Own Business: Seven Steps to Success, by Arlene Erlbach.
- Our comprehension skills will be steps in a process, choose reading strategies, and explain procedural text.
- There will be a test on Thursday, 4/30 over Unit 8, Week 1.
- business, earnings, expenses, goods, income, procedure, profit, services, analyze, apply, cost, supply, value
- Test on Thursday, April 30, over these vocabulary words.
- Words with Prefixes: un, re; and Commonly Misspelled Words
- reassure, refresh, regain, regroup, reinvent, reunited, unappreciated, unbidden, uncommon, unconscious, undisputed, unequal, unlimited, unwilling, aid, aide, bases, basis.
- Test on Friday, 5/1.
- Use Past Progressive and Past Perfect
- Practice Master 8.3
- Test on Friday, 5/1
- Students are encouraged to study their grammar notebooks each week.
- Research Project
- Prompt: You want to start a class business to raise money for field trips. Your job is to create a multimedia presentation showing the kind of business the class should start, how the class would start it, and how the business could be successful.
- See the research rubric at right.
- Due Friday, 5/1/15.
- Getting Ready for Grade 6, Lessons 2-6
- There will be one page of homework assigned nightly.
- We will have a quiz over lessons 1-6 on Monday, May 4.
- Each Friday, students will also take a multiplication timed test. It is very important for students to be fluid with their multiplication facts. Daily practice of multiplication facts is encouraged.
- Students are working on researching a state and writing a state report.
- The license plate is due on Monday, April 27.
- The song or poem about the state is due Wednesday, April 29.
- The note cards are due on May 6th.
- Please see the outline of research questions available on the "Assignments" page.
- We are working on a life science unit on fish.
- Students will be starting an inquiry project related to our unit. The requirements can be found on the "Assignments" page.
- The project is due on Thursday, May 14th.