- Students will be completing some small projects to wrap of Unit 7 of our Reach for Reading program. These projects will be due Friday.
- We will also be reviewing the English Language Arts Standards for the AzMERIT test. Classwork will be graded.
- There will be no new vocabulary this week. We will be reviewing.
- We will get a new list of spelling words this week. There will be a spelling test on Friday.
- We will be reviewing for AzMERIT this week.
- Students will be practicing several small writing prompts in order to review for AzMERIT. Students will be graded based on the AzMERIT rubrics. A copy of the rubrics will be handed out to students this week.
- There will be one page of math homework assigned nightly.
- We will be reviewing for the AzMERIT test.
- Each Friday, students will also take a multiplication timed test. It is very important for students to be fluid with their multiplication facts. Daily practice of multiplication facts is encouraged.
- We are going to start a new research project in which students will be completing a report on one of the 50 states. Students must sign up for the state they would like to research. Most of this assignment will be complete in class, but students may have to finish some of the work at home if necessary.
- Students will be required to do their research on note cards. Note cards will be due on 5/6.
- Students must have a bibliography of the sources they used for their research.
- There will be other partial due dates: Map 4/13; State Flag 4/15; State seal 4/20; State bird 4/22; state flower 4/27; State license plate 4/29; a song or poem about the state 5/4. All of these will need to be hand drawn and colored.
- A template will be given for students to follow after the research portion of the project is completed.
- The final project will be due on 5/18. Students will present their reports to the class.
- You can find the research guide for the state report under the "assignments" tab.
- We are going to be working on projects relating to our unit about trash.
- We will be answering the question: "Why should we care about garbage?"
- Students will be working in small groups to complete a service project to help deal with the problem of garbage. These projects will be completed during school.