- This week students will be reading the magazine article, "Another Way of Doing Business", by Greta Gilbert
- Our comprehension skills will be to analyze ideas, explain relationships between ideas, use reading strategies, recognize signal words, compare ideas, and explain the relationships between events.
- There will be no test this week.
- We will be working on sayings this week.
- There will be no test.
- No spelling this week.
- Use Future Perfect and Future Tenses
- Practice Masters 8.26, 8.27, 8.32
- No test this week.
- Write Realistic Fiction
- Prompt: Your school literary magazine is putting out a "Helping Hands" edition, featuring stories about making a difference in other people's lives. Imagine that you have money to lend. Write a story about how it helps someone.
- See the writing rubric at right.
- Due Tuesday, May 19.
- Getting Ready for Grade 6, Lessons 14-16.
- There will be one page of homework assigned nightly.
- We will have a quiz over lessons 12-14 on Tuesday, May 19.
- Students are working on researching a state and writing a state report.
- The final draft of the state report is due Monday, 5/18.
- Students will present their reports to the class this week.
- Please see the outline of research questions available on the "Assignments" page.
- There will be no science this week.