- This week students will be reading the newspaper article, Blind teen starts business creating Braille restaurant menus, by Jane Rider of the Missoulian.
- Our comprehension skills will be to explain the relationships between individuals, choose reading strategies, recognize problem and solution, compare procedures, compare text structures, and integrate information.
- There will be a test on Friday, May 8 over Unit 8, Week 2.
- Test on Friday, May 8 over this skill.
- Words with Suffixes: ly, less, ful; and Commonly Misspelled Words
- busily, countless, directly, eventually, frequently, gleeful, graceful, hopefully, meaningful, powerful, previously, priceless, respectful, steadily, thankless, baring, bearing, complement, compliment.
- Test on Friday, 5/8.
- Use Past Tense Verbs
- Practice Masters 8.9, 8.10, 8.17
- Test on Friday, 5/8
- Students are encouraged to study their grammar notebooks each week.
- Write an Ad or TV Commercial
- Prompt: An advertising agency is looking for fresh ideas from young people. As an intern at the agency, your job is to come up with an idea for a new product and then design a print ad or TV commercial to sell it.
- See the writing rubric at right.
- Due Monday, May 11.
- Getting Ready for Grade 6, Lessons 7-10.
- There will be one page of homework assigned nightly.
- We will have a quiz over lessons 1-6 on Monday, May 4.
- Each Friday, students will also take a multiplication timed test. It is very important for students to be fluid with their multiplication facts. Daily practice of multiplication facts is encouraged.
- Students are working on researching a state and writing a state report.
- The song or poem about the state is due Monday, May 4.
- The note cards are due on May 6th.
- Please see the outline of research questions available on the "Assignments" page.
- We are working on a life science unit on fish.
- Students will be starting an inquiry project related to our unit. The requirements can be found on the "Assignments" page.
- The project is due on Thursday, May 14th.