- the geography and geology of the Canadian north woods
- the trees and plants of the Canadian north woods
- the wildlife of Canada, particularly the following: foolbirds, kinds of fish, moose, porcupines, skunks, wolves, turtles
- Wilderness survival methods, including the following: finding or building shelter, finding food, making fires, setting up a safe camp, fighting insects, making weapons
- Airplanes: history of the small plane, Cessna 406, bushplanes and their pilots
Student must find at least ten facts about their topic and present their knowledge to the class orally. They may add illustrations if they wish.