We are going to be learning about Earth and Space this week. Students will be doing some activities in class this week to model how Earth rotates and revolves. They will also use observations and evidence to communicate why the sun, moon, and stars appear to move across the sky.
- We are going to start Unit 8. It is entitled "One Idea". Students will be working to answer the question: How can one idea change your future? This unit will focus on social studies concepts.
- The reading comprehension skills for the week are: steps in a process, choose reading strategies, explain procedural text, summarize quantitative information.
- We will be reading the procedural text "Starting Your Own Business: Seven Steps to Success " by Arlene Erlbach.
- There will be no reading comprehension test this week!
There will be no writing project this week.
- There will be no spelling this week.
- Students will be working on using past progressive and past perfect tenses.
- There will be no writing, revising, and editing test this week.
- Our current math unit is entitled "Getting Ready for Grade 6". Students must have their Standards Practice Books at school as the lessons are in this book. There will be one page of homework assigned nightly.
- Lessons 17-20.
- There are many resources available on ThinkCentral to help students.
- There will be no multiplication timed test this week.
We will be reading the follow books as a read aloud: Nature's Solution, Kids Manage Money, The Kids' Invention Book. These books go along with Unit 8. Students will be answering questions based on these books.